Posts Tagged ‘how to find hope’
In the Depths of Divorce Despair? Here’s How to Find Hope
Simple ideas for finding the hope you need.
When you’re in the depths of divorce despair and you’re wondering whether or not you can stand the pain for one more second, you need to find hope. You need to find hope that you will stop hurting so much. And, you need to find hope that you can be happy again.
Some people find hope through prayer and their belief in something larger than themselves. They can find comfort in their faith. They know that no matter how alone they are feeling in any instant, they’re never truly alone.
But not everyone has this kind of faith and some find their faith faltering in the face of their grief.
How else can you find the hope you need to heal from your divorce?
You might find hope by spending time outdoors and connecting with nature. You might find hope by enjoying your children. You might find hope by playing with or cuddling your pet. You might find hope by talking with someone who understands the pain of divorce because they’ve been through it and survived to create a happier life for themselves. You might even find hope by reading inspirational quotes.
When I went through my divorce, I found my hope through all of these ways. I prayed, spent time outside, enjoyed the company of my young niece, played and cuddled with my pets, spoke with a therapist who had been there and wasn’t any more, and I read inspirational quotes.
Going on the hunt for inspirational quotes when you’re feeling depressed isn’t easy or fun. So, to help you out, here are my favorite quotes for moving past divorce despair.
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. ~Nido Qubein
- “I will release the old, embrace the new and grow a vision of hope” ~Shiv Adhikari
- If you are going through hell, keep going. –Winston Churchill
- “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
- Grief is an emotional, spiritual, and psychological journey to healing. ~E. Kubler-Ross, D. Kessler
- Perhaps this is a sacred passage in which my insecurity is sacrificed for trust in whatever is to come. ~Noela N. Evans
- It is by going down in2 the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where u stumble, there lies ur treasure. ~Joseph Campbell
- Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the Seed of an equivalent or greater Benefit. ~Napoleon Hill
- I think that when everything goes wrong, it’s because nothing was right in the first place. ~Lani Diane Rich
- The truth is that pain is one of our greatest teachers… ~Daphne Rose Kingma
- Where there’s life, there’s hope. Cicero
- Grief is a time when we try to find our wholeness again after all has been lost. ~E. Kubler-Ross, D. Kessler #quote
- The human spirit is virtually indestructible, and its ability to rise from the ashes remains as long as the body draws breath. ~Alice Miller
- I can courageously handle anything as long as I take it one moment at a time. ~Sue Patton Theole
- What does not kill me makes me stronger. ~Neitzsche
- This too shall pass. ~Proverb
Maybe one of the ideas in this piece will help you find hope or maybe this piece will inspire you to find hope in another way. Regardless, finding hope is how you’ll make it through the most painful part of your divorce recovery journey and on to happiness again.
I’m Dr. Karen Finn, a divorce coach and advisor helping people just like you who are dealing with the stress and pain of divorce. You can join my newsletter list for free weekly advice. And if you’re interested in taking the first step toward working with me, you can schedule an introductory private coaching session.